If you are sleeping on a friend's sofa, or have moved Into a hostel or refuge you are considered homeless.

If you've nowhere to stay, dont panic. In many cases the council's housing department and/or social services may have a lega' duty to help you. This may be the case If you:

  • are under the age of 18
  • have a disability
  • have been In care In the past
  • have applied as homeless but the housing department believes that you are Intentionally homeless (for example because you left accommodaUon that you could have stayed In).

There are lots of different housing options and each have pros and cons. The Accommodation options Chart will give you a bit more Information. You need to think carefully about what sort of place you and your baby will need, and what you can realistically afford.

Homefinder Somerset

Homefinder Somerset is a partnership of the Somerset local authorities - Mendip District Council, Sedgemoor District Council, South Somerset District Council, Taunton Deane Borough Council and West Somerset District Council - And local housing associations. This means that people applying for social housing across Somerset only have to complete one application form.

How do I register for Homefinder Somerset?

You must be registered for homefinder Somerset in order to be able to bid for a property or to advertise your property for a mutaul exchange.
You can apply :

  • online, by registering with www.homefindersomerset.co.uk - it's quicker and easier to complete the application form online
  • By completing an application form from your local District Council

Links & Downloads

News & Top Tips